We’ve updated our Swim Program!
Swimming is a skill for life.
We have partnered with Swimming Australia to deliver students a new and effective swimming and water safety program focusing on contemporary experiential and activity-based learning, encouraging and supporting students to explore pathways into competitive and recreational lap swimming.
Implementation of this high-quality, activity-based educational program is designed to better integrate student learning outcomes into real-world settings, offering students opportunity to:
- Gain maximum participation and practice time in activities that encourage, mentor and support the learning process where they are active for most of the lesson
- Be empowered to think, discuss and decide through experiential based learning where mentoring, guidance and challenge encourages them to use and enhance their knowledge, skill and understanding
- Learn and understand essential components of personal survival and water safety elements while concurrently in addition to development of establishing strong and effective swimming technique
- Be supported by professional, qualified teachers as they progress the curriculum toward the Junior Dolphins Program.
Our new program curriculum ensures that every student:
- Participates in a varied range of aquatic experiences including open water simulation
- Is challenged by new skills, knowledge and understanding
- Utilises learnt knowledge and skill to aid understanding for safer personal safety choices
- Develops comfort and confidence in swimming, as clear pathways for lifetime aquatic participation emerges.
What ages do you cater for?
Our swimming and water safety program cater for children from 6 months. We offer development squads and adult lessons for older swimmers. Splish splash program for 4-6 months please email swim school.
Infant – 6 months to 3 years
- introduces infants to water in a warm and caring atmosphere
- emphasises bonding between parents and their children
- develops parent and carer knowledge and understanding of aquatic environments
- teaches parents how to care for children in an aquatic environment
Preschool – 3 – 5 years
- prepares students for further aquatic experiences
- encourage personal development and independence
- educates children for safe practices in or near water
- creates a supportive environment for introduction to stroke development
- personal water safety skills
- maximum class size of five children per class
Primary – School aged children
- works towards development of a lifelong appreciation for aquatic activities
- these include stroke development, water safety, personal survival skills and aquatic sports
- provides opportunities for progressive success to create a positive learning environment
- maximum class size of six to eight children per class
- increases character development
- understanding of water environments
- water safety strategies
- personal survival
- increases understanding of how and why we swim
- develops skills, strength, endurance and fitness
- Junior Squad: one teacher per ten children
Aquatic Pathways from Infants through to Junior Dolphins
Swimming Australia has developed the Junior Dolphins program, positioned as a flow on from the learning foundations in swimming and water safety education. Junior Dolphins is designed to encourage continued participation in aquatic activity through competitive and reactional/lap swimming.
The link between the two curricula creates a specific pathway for students enhancing their lifetime aquatic experiences; preparing them for the competitive swimming arena if they so desire. The curriculum for the Junior Dolphin program builds on the core and foundation elements learnt in swimming and water safety education as each skill is broken down into segmented and achievable components that streamline and refine technique and enhance the development of efficiency and endurance.
The program is fully integrated into Swimming Australia’s Splash app to enhance parent communication. You can download the Splash app for android mobiles at Google Play store and for iPhone in the apple app store.
Features of the app include:
- Parents identifying and tracking students' progress through our clearly defined pathway
- Availability of digital encouragement awards as students' progress through each stage and element of the program
- Parents access online information enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, learning activities, learning outcomes and competency assessment criteria in student application of knowledge, skill and understanding.
Already enrolled and need a form?
Click here for Swimming and Water Safety forms and downloadsVisit Aquatics Enquire today! Swim School